The Chicago Wolves Winter Reading Program
(Saturday, March 11th, through Saturday, April 8th)
Read some great books & earn chances to win Chicago Wolves prizes, too!
(Thursday, March 30, 2017 — 6:30 PM)
Bob Trzeciak returns with the history of the ways people have sought to look into their futures
throughout the ages. Learn the bizarre history of the fortune cookie and how ancient Babylonians
and Egyptians endeavored to see what was yet to be. From Chinese Chien Tung sticks to numerology
to tarot to reading tea leaves and coffee grounds — join us for a fascinating journey around the world and
through time to see how people have tried to learn (and possibly avoid) their fates.
And speaking of fate, be sure to stay for the palm-readings after the show to learn your own…
(Thursday, April 6, 2017 — 6:30 PM)
Give the front of your home some refreshing “curb appeal” and create a relaxing backyard oasis for your
enjoyment. Kathleen Obirek, landscape designer and educator, will show you how to un-do, re-do, and
up-do your home landscape! An issue of The Gardener’s Idea Book will be given to attendees (one per
family) and you’ll also have a chance to win a collection of Gardener’s Idea Books.
Justice Public Library brings you… Digital Games!
ONEPLAY for Libraries Is Here!
OnePlay for Libraries is now available for our patrons. Download and play full versions of a huge variety of games at no cost to you (because we paid it for you!) There are currently over 1,500 games for PC and 500+ for Android devices, with more being added every day.
You’ll need an Internet connection to install the app, download games, and activate the games. Once a game is activated, you can play it offline.
To create your account:
- You must have a library card from the Justice Public Library to use this service – have it with you when you register.
- Go to https://www.rbdigital.com/justiceil/service
- Click Create New Account and follow the instructions.
- Once you have created your account, log in and click the OnePlay button.
- You’ll see a pop-up asking you to install the OnePlay app.
- If you click the button for the PC app, the download will begin. Just follow the instructions to install the app.
- If you click the Android app, you’ll be taken to the general OnePlay site and you download the app there. Again, just follow the instructions. **Note: Do NOT enter any credit card info. This is free for patrons! You just need to go to this site to get the app.**
- Once the app is installed (on PC, Android device, or both), open the app.
- Browse/search for games and download those you want. (Just use the app from this point on. No need to return to the above link.)
- The first time you open a game, you’ll need to type in the e-mail and password you used to create your account. Once each game is activated, you can play it offline.
The best news… You can keep the games! No need to return them – ever!
Don’t forget we have Museum Adventure Passes at Justice Public Library!
Passes are available for Brookfield Zoo, The Chicago Botanic Garden, The Children’s Museum in Oak Lawn, Naper Settlement, LEGOland Discovery Center, and other suburban museums and institutions. Check out Museum Adventure Pass for the complete list and terms and conditions for each museum or institution. Call or visit the library for complete details!
(Passes are only available for adult Justice Public Library card holders in good standing.)
The Justice Public Library District is a member of
Reaching Across Illinois Library System